Luxfer Gas Cylinders are looking to recruit a hardworking and ambitious business administration apprentice with an interest in procurement (purchasing and supply).
The focus of the apprenticeships will be in the purchasing department and inventory management. The department is versatile and hands-on, the same will be expected from the potential candidate.
Daily tasks include (but not limited to):
- Running manufacturing resource planning and raising purchase orders for vital components and consumables
- Processing and converting purchase requisitions into purchase orders
- Organising the process of deliveries
- Assist in stores maintenance and stock takes
- Assist in goods inwards by receiving, booking and processing deliveries
The successful candidate will have the chance to learn within a busy but friendly environment. The focus of the apprenticeship is to be around procurement, however with ample opportunity to broaden their knowledge within the Supply Chain function and beyond.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 28/08/2019
Possible start date: 04/09/2019
- Comfortable working with computers and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive and organised, with an ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to solve problems quickly, efficiently and completely
9-4/A*-D maths and English at GCSE or equivalent.
Candidate must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 - 12 months.
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills English, maths and ICT Level 1 if required
This apprenticeship is 1 day per week at the college term time only 9am - 5pm with the other days based at the work place.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
We are the world’s largest manufacturer of high-pressure aluminum and composite gas cylinders for a wide and growing variety of applications - such as life support, alternative fuel, medical, industrial, beverage, fire extinguishers, aerospace, inflation, scuba and performance racing.
Private Road No 2
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm.
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Business and Administration - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
|Salary||£240.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|