Logic Aluminium Systems Ltd are offering a fantastic opportunity to join their successful and award-winning team as an Apprentice Surveying Technician, where you will help the team to deliver effective and professional services for their high-profile clients.
You will provide support in a variety of different work, including:
- Collect analyse and present survey data
- Establish and maintain dimensional control of construction projects
- Record the condition of property in construction
- Interpretation of engineering drawings and sketches, including 3D or 2D computer drawings
- Preparation of engineering calculations
- Contributing to solutions for design challenges
- Taking part in design meetings, site visits, presentations and workshops
- Helping with the administration of projects
You will work with and support a team of professionals working on a range pf projects. Subject to gaining entry onto the programme, as part of your apprenticeship, you'll study towards a Level 3 qualification in Construction Contracting Operations on day release at Nottingham College.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 02/09/2019
Possible start date: 09/09/2019
- Confident working with numbers
- The ability to produce neat and accurate technical solutions and proposals
- Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Able to follow clearly given instructions
- Good attention to detail
- Will need to liaise and interact with a wide range of people including with team colleagues, clients and suppliers plus other external agencies, so excellent communication and people skills are an essential
Minimum entry requirements:
- Maths, English Language and ICT GCSE grades A-C*/9-4 and above (or equivalent qualification)
The role involves being able to multi-task, managing your own workload and co-ordinating with other members of the team. Good communication skills are therefore essential.
Many construction projects are by nature carried out outdoors and have to proceed throughout periods of hot, cold, wet and windy weather.
The exact location of future projects are unknown, but will involve some aspect of travelling to get to and from each site/project as and when required.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
- Apprenticeship as agreed
- In company induction on starting and ongoing health & safety briefing relevant to the role and equipment used within role
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Construction Technical & Professional delivered over a 24-month period
The Level 3 Construction Technical apprenticeship is made up of the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ in Construction Contracting Operations
- Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment delivered in College via a day release course
Be keen to develop their individual skills and be engaged with their ongoing career and skills development.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Logic Aluminium Systems Ltd has a proven track record for excellence and innovation, spanning 12 years, with a nationwide client base.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
9am - 5pm
Monday - Friday.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Civil Engineering for Technicians - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
|Salary||£192.00 (Weekly) Minimum wage rates|