Teaching Assistant Apprentice
The Carlton Academy is looking to offer a hard-working and committed candidate with a genuine interest in teaching and learning the opportunity to join their team as a Teaching Assistant Apprentice. This role includes working with young people and helping them succeed in education.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Working primarily with children aged 11-18 the roles and responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively and constructively with the whole school team.
- Promote community cohesion and cultural diversity encompassing a full understanding of the school’s ethos.
- Helping supervise pupils in the classroom.
- Help with lesson planning.
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Build a relationship with other teachers, staff and parents.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
- Assist with the planning of learning activities.
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and improve personal skill set.
- Work closely with teachers to ensure own contribution aligns with the teaching.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 19/06/2023
Possible start date: 26/06/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English/ Maths A*-C/ 9-4 (Essential)
- Teaching Assistant Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/teaching-assistant/
- Functional Skills if required in English or math at level 2.
- Possible position at Carlton Academy
- Qualifications to progress down teaching pathway
The Carlton Academy is a 'good school', OFSTED 2017, and is sponsored by the Redhill Academy Trust. These partnerships give us the opportunity to continue our improvements and for the school to become recognised both locally and nationally as a truly outstanding school. This is important to us as it means that all of our students will do even better than they do already. We believe that our Academy offers something very special for both staff and students. Our core principles are based on four key pillars common to all Trust schools:
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday -Friday 8.30-4pm. This position is term time only.
Total hours per week: 37.5
|Expected duration||21 Months|
|Related course||Teaching Assistant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).