Windmill Academy is looking to recruit a passionate, caring and hardworking Teaching Assistant to work within their vibrant primary school. The teaching assistant will be working primarily with children who special educational needs & disabilities.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Working primarily with children in KS1 and KS2 with special educational needs and disabilities whilst also providing general teaching assistant support throughout the school. You will be part of a team providing a stimulating, challenging and caring environment. The ideal candidate must have a strong interest in supporting children with individual and different needs.
The roles and responsibilities will include:
- Helping set up and arranging activities
- Helping set up the classroom
- Providing support to children with individual and different needs
- Helping supervise the children in the classroom
- Help with lesson planning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Work alongside other teachers
- Providing extra capacity and cover for absent colleagues
- Making displays
- Offer support to individuals and groups during activities
- Assist with the marking of work
- Assist other teachers and TA’s during playtime
- Take part and support during lunch clubs
- Other general duties as and when required
This apprenticeship is work based therefore you will be working at the employer’s address.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 03/12/2020
Possible start date: 01/01/2021
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
- Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
- This apprenticeship is work based
Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship standard:
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths & English & ICT (if required)
Possibility of a full time permanent position once completed.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in a school?
Do you drive?
Windmill L.E.A.D. Academy officially opened its doors as a new school on February 1st, 2013, replacing the previous Windmill Primary School. Windmill is a sponsored academy and is part of the L.E.A.D. Multi-Academy Trust. Based in the vibrant, multicultural area of Sneinton, just outside of Nottingham City centre.
Windmill L.E.A.D Academy
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 8.15am - 4.30pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Teaching Assistant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).