This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. As a Teaching Assistant you will be required to support the class teacher. St. Marys C of E Primary School has fantastic visions and provides a fantastic setting where children feel valued and accepted.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Working primarily with children in Key Stage 1 and Foundation Stage, the roles and responsibilities will include:
- Helping set up and arranging activities
- Helping set up the classroom
- Helping supervise the children in the classroom
- Help with lesson planning
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Build relationship with other teachers, staff and parents
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed
- Making displays
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be based at the employers address most of the time. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments and any mandatory training.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/07/2021
Possible start date: 31/08/2021
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with adults and children from all different backgrounds
- Excellent timekeeping
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
- Teaching Assistant Standard Level 3
- Functional Skills if required
- End point assessment as part of the programme
Possible permanent position on completion of apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a Teaching Assistant?
Do you have a full UK driving licence and access to your own car?
St Mary's is a small village school set in the heart of Sherwood Forest. We believe that each child is an individual and we seek to provide academic, emotional, social and spiritual support for each and every one of our pupils. As reflected in our vision, we want the whole child to develop, we want our children to have spirit, to welcome challenges and value their achievements. In short, to be the best they can be!
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.00pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Teaching Assistant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).