The Huntingdon Academy is looking to offer a hard-working and committed candidate with a genuine interest in teaching and learning the opportunity to join their team as a Teaching Assistant Apprentice. The candidate needs to have a passion and interest in working with children with special educational needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Working primarily with children aged 5-11 the roles and responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively and constructively with the whole school team
- Promote community cohesion and cultural diversity encompassing a full understanding of the school's ethos
- Comprehend appropriate levels of learning resources to identify and help address weakness, consolidate strengths and develop individualised expectations
- Recognise different stages of child development through school, e.g.: transition between key stages.
- Learn how to use a range of strategies to gain the best from each student
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Build a relationship with other teachers, staff and parents
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and improve personal skill set
- Work closely with teachers to ensure own contribution aligns with the teaching
- Understand the current curriculum
- Recognise, adapt and respond to all pupils encompassing SEN/emotional vulnerabilities, for example, use Makaton, visual timetables
- Undertake all mandatory training e.g. safeguarding
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 17/09/2021
Possible start date: 18/09/2021
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A good understanding of technology and how to use
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with adults and children from all different backgrounds
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Teaching Assistant Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship- standards/teaching-assistant/
- Functional Skills if required
- End point assessment as part of the programme
Possible permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work as a teaching assistant?
Are you able to travel to the workplace for the working hours?
Everything we do at Huntingdon is about giving each of our children an outstanding education which will transform their lives. At our nationally recognised, culturally diverse school, every child really does matter; every child can achieve.
Alfred Street Central
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:15pm, Friday 7:45am - 3:30pm
(37.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Teaching Assistant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).