The Redhill Academy Trust are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant that will support students, parents, teachers and the school to establish a supportive and nurturing learning environment in which students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) make good academic progress and can participate in activities across the Academy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Classroom Support
- Plan and deliver small group tutoring or catch-up programmes
- Plan and deliver one-to-one tutoring or catch-up-programmes
- Assist classroom teachers in their work in ensuring that students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities make good progress and participate in lessons
- Encouraging acceptance and inclusion of students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and promoting individual students self esteem
- Act as a Key Worker for some students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities by retaining an oversight of their progress and participation and communicating with parents / carers To undertake break time and lunchtime duties as directed.
- Be aware of confidential issues linked to home/student/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate
- Act as a reader/scribe in examinations for any student with access requirements.
- To provide intimate/personal care for students if required training will be provided.
- Work with the Senior Teaching Assistant and subject teachers to ensure that teaching and resources are differentiated helping prepare resources as necessary
- Observe, record and feedback information on student performance
- Act in line with the Academy's policies and procedures.
- Assist teaching staff in the smooth transition between educational phases.
- Attendance at staff meetings and INSET activities where relevant.
- Provide pastoral care to students through the House Pastoral Tutor system as a form tutor / co-tutor
- To uphold and actively support the Academy's policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the provision that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms
- Manual handling if required
- training will be provided
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 23/09/2021
Possible start date: 27/09/2021
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A good understanding of technology and how to use.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with adults and children from all different backgrounds.
A* - C (9-4) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent)
Possible permanent position at Redhill Academy.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a teaching assistant?
How will you get to this position on a daily basis?
At The Redhill Academy we have four principles that guide everything we do:
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday Friday- Between 8am and 4pm
(32.5 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Teaching Assistant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).