Are you passionate about working with Children? If so, apply now. Huntingdon Academy in Nottingham are looking to recruit an apprentice teaching assistant to work in their large, and culturally diverse primary school in Nottingham.
Duties within the role include:
- Helping set up and arranging activities
- Helping set up the classroom
- Helping supervise the children in the classroom
- Help with lesson planning
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Build relationship with other teachers, staff and parents
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed
- Making displays
- Cleaning and tidying of classrooms
- Provide clerical/admin support
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be based at the employers address most of the time. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments and a few other rare occasions.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 14/01/2022
Possible start date: 20/01/2022
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with adults and children from all different backgrounds
- Excellent timekeeping
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Teaching Assistant Standard Level 3 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/teaching-assistant/
Functional Skills if required.
End point assessment as part of the programme.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the school following successful completion of the apprenticeship, or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a Teaching Assistant?
Do you have a full UK driving licence and access to your own car?
Everything we do at Huntingdon is about giving each of our children an outstanding education which will transform their lives. At our nationally recognised, culturally diverse school, every child really does matter; every child can achieve.
Alfred Street Central
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 8am - 4.15pm
(37 hours per week)
|Expected duration||18 months|
|Related course||Teaching Assistant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).