Teaching Assistant Apprentice (SEND)
Windmill Academy is a vibrant, positive learning community. It is a privilege to work with such enthusiastic, respectful children, supportive families, and a highly committed staff team. Together, our aim is to be the best learning community we can be to enable all of our learners to embrace challenge and high aspirations.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Working primarily with children aged 4-11 the roles and responsibilities will include the following (under guidance of the teacher):
- Set up and prepare learning activities
- Set up the classroom and learning environment
- Support lesson preparation
- Plan and prepare interventions for small groups of learners
- Help supervise the children in the classroom and playground.
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement
- Assist with the planning of learning activities
- Build and maintain positive relationships with other teachers, staff, and parents
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed
- Supporting with classroom display
- You may have to work 1-to-1 with an SEND pupil if you are put in an SEND TA role
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 18/07/2023
Possible start date: 05/09/2023
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- Team working
- Non judgemental
- GCSE or equivalent English/ Maths A*-C/ 9-4 (Essential)
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/teaching-assistant/
- End point assessment as part of the programme - further details in the link above
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English & maths if not exempt
The training and qualifications are based in the workplace, no attendance at college required.
Employers are required to give apprentices 20% off the job training included in their paid working hours so that equates to one day per week to work on their apprenticeship tasks set by the Assessor.
- Possible permanent position on completion of apprenticeship
Windmill L.E.A.D. Academy officially opened its doors as a new school on February 1st, 2013, replacing the previous Windmill Primary School. Windmill is a sponsored academy and is part of the L.E.A.D. Multi-Academy Trust. Based in the vibrant, multicultural area of Sneinton, just outside of Nottingham City centre.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 08:15 - 16:30.
Term Time Only.
Total hours per week: 37
|Expected duration||21 Months|
|Related course||Teaching Assistant - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).