Tesla Heathrow have a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their busy workshop in Heathrow. Tesla specialises in the manufacturing of all-electric vehicles as well as clean energy generation and storage products
The Tesla Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop apprentices in a way that enables them to keep pace with advancing technology and high levels of customer service.
The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with world-class training delivered in Nottingham and superb future career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Tesla Technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Working alongside a Diagnostic Technician
- Clean and Detail Vehicles if needed
- Abide by Health & Safety standards
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals
Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers Training will take place one week in seven via seven separate weeks of block release per year to Emtec College in Nottingham. The apprenticeship is two years in length.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 29/06/2021
Possible start date: 05/09/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- A passion for new and exciting technology with meticulous attention to detail
- An interest in computer software would be a distinct advantage
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
- Science and ICT are desirable
Autocare Technician Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Nationally recognised Occupational Standard
- Tesla Technical Training Courses
- Functional Skills (if required) Regular review and welfare visits from our assessor who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- Upon successful completion and review of your apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to be offered full time employment as a qualified Vehicle Technician
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for Tesla?
What skills, achievements and/or qualities do you possess that make you the best candidate for this Apprenticeship?
Tesla specialises in the manufacturing of all-electric vehicles as well as clean energy generation and storage products. We're solving the world's most important problems by hiring talented individuals who share our passion to change the world and help deliver our mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
197 Horton Road
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm (1 hour lunch)
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||30 months|
|Related course||Tesla Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).