Tesla Guilford have a great opportunity for a Autocare Technician Apprentice to join their busy workshop. Tesla specialises in the manufacturing of all-electric vehicles as well as clean energy generation and storage products. We're solving the world's most important problems by hiring talented individuals who share our passion.
The Tesla Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop apprentices in a way that enables them to keep pace with advancing technology and high levels of customer service.
The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with world-class training delivered in Nottingham and superb future career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Tesla technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Working alongside a diagnostic technician
- Clean and detail vehicles if needed
- Abide by Health & Safety standards
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
Training will take place one week in seven via seven separate weeks of block release per year to Emtec College in Nottingham. The apprenticeship is two years in length.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/06/2021
Possible start date: 06/09/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- A passion for new and exciting technology with meticulous attention to detail
- An interest in computer software would be a distinct advantage
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
4 GCSE’s at grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English. Science and ICT are desirable.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
- Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address
- Candidates must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours
- Candidates must also be willing to travel to the Emtec Colleges in Nottingham to complete the block release training
- Please note there will be an assessment day
- Nationally recognised Occupational Standard
- Autocare Technician (Level 2)
- Tesla Technical Training Courses
- Functional Skills (if required)
Regular review and welfare visits from our assessor who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Upon successful completion and review of your apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to be offered full time employment as a qualified Autocare Technician.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for Tesla?
What skills, achievements and/or qualities do you possess that make you the best candidate for this Apprenticeship?
Tesla specialises in the manufacturing of all-electric vehicles as well as clean energy generation and storage products. We're solving the world's most important problems by hiring talented individuals who share our passion to change the world and help deliver our mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
The Astolat Business Park
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm, 1 hour lunch
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||30 months|
|Related course||Tesla Apprenticeship Programme|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).