Tesla have a fantastic opportunity for two Vehicle Technician Apprentices to join their busy workshop in Milton Keynes. The Tesla Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop apprentices in a way that enables them to keep pace with advancing technology and high levels of customer service.
The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
Tesla has an ever increasing focus towards a multi-skilled workforce and as such we provide cross-functional training for all our Apprentices. This gives you the opportunity to develop both your technical and customer service skill sets which will elevate your future career potential, by exposing you to all areas of our Service business.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with world-class training delivered in Nottingham and superb future career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Tesla Technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Working alongside a diagnostic technician
- Clean and detail vehicles if needed
- Abide by Health & Safety standards
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Answer phone calls, emails and drive In’s to address any customer concern with the highest level of response and attention
- Determine if technical solution can be resolved over the phone; escalate immediately to Shop Foreman/Service Manager to provide immediate attention
- Accurately record issues and data into dealer management system
- Work with parts advisors to receive stock, pick, ship and transact materials inventory to support the needs of vehicle service
- Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goal
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 04/10/2019
Possible start date: 02/01/2020
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a combination of analytical thinking, practical problem solving, and a customer-service mindset
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- A passion for new and exciting technology with meticulous attention to detail
- An interest in computer software would be a distinct advantage
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
4 GCSE’s at grade A* to D/9-3 (or equivalent) in maths and English. Science and ICT are desirable.
Candidates must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours. Candidates must also be willing to travel to the Emtec Colleges in Nottingham to complete the block release training.
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
- Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address
Training will take place one week in seven via seven separate weeks of block release per year to Emtec College in Nottingham. The apprenticeship is two years in length.
- Nationally recognised Occupational Standard
- Autocare Technician (Level 2)
- Tesla Technical Training Courses
- Tesla Front of House Training Courses
- Functional Skills (if required)
Regular review and welfare visits from our assessor who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Upon successful completion and review of your apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to be offered full time employment.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work for Tesla?
What skills, achievements and/or qualities do you possess that make you the best candidate for this Apprenticeship?
Tesla specialises in the manufacturing of all-electric vehicles as well as clean energy generation and storage products. We're solving the world's most important problems by hiring talented individuals who share our passion to change the world and help deliver our mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
8am - 5pm with 1 hour lunch break Monday to Friday.
Holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum (excluding bank holidays).
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||30 months|
|Related course||Autocare Technician - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).