Training Coordinator Apprentice (Business Administration)
2020 Training offers a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing small business. In this role you will be expected to give information on the training courses we provide. You will provide customers with booking confirmation via email and phones, and a follow-up post course with certification distribution.
Roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Raise customer's order as and when required
- Answer all calls presented to them to meet or exceed 2020 Training's high standard call rate
- Respond to all calls, emails and messages in a timely manner
- To offer help and support all external customers and take time to ensure all customers' needs are met, as well as strive to exceed customers' expectations through great service
- Ensure that all specific procedures are carried out in a timely manner so that all customer bookings and information are accurate
- Strive to ensure customer satisfaction, comply with office standards and safety and security procedures
- Seek guidance from your team leader and seek all opportunities for self-development
- To carry out other duties when required
- To attend training courses when asked, to help you develop in your role
- Treat external customers in a professional and courteous manner always, ensuring clear lines of communication
- Represent 2020 Training Ltd and the values of the business as well as portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 19/06/2023
Possible start date: 26/06/2023
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English/ Maths A*-C/ 9-4 (Essential)
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Please click on the link above for more information regarding End Point Assessment.
- If required, you will do Functional skills at level 2
- This qualification is completed in the workplace. However, you will have a college day biweekly at Nottingham College City Hub
- Potential opportunity for a full-time role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship
At 2020 Training, we are an ever-expanding team who have a wealth of experience and industry expertise when it comes to providing accredited or creating bespoke, health and safety training for your workplace. 2020 Training has the scope to cover the whole country so let us provide the training where you need it! We offer a huge range of courses, including the CITB Site Safety Plus suite, Fire Marshal, Vehicle Banksman, First Aid, Asbestos, IPAF, PASMA, CISRS, Mental Health and Plant courses to name some of our most sought-after training. Whilst all of our courses have an element of set content that needs to be covered and assessed, unlike other training providers in this field, we are passionate about creating an engaging and interactive learning environment which drives and nurtures positive behavioural change. In essence, 2020 Training will work with you, collaborating and discussing your exact requirements in order to deliver courses relevant to you and your business. Simply tell us what you need and we will shape our content around you!
Link Business Park
14 Farrington Way
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5pm.
You will have a range of shifts on these days and between these hours.
Total hours per week: 30
|Expected duration||21 Months|
|Related course||Business Administrator - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).