Are you customer focused? Would you like a career in the automotive industry as an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Assessor? Gemini are looking for a keen and motivated individual with good customer service and communication skills. The role will include working within a busy body shop where repairs are taken place to BS10125 approved standards.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
Gemini has devised a high level, bespoke Vehicle Damage Assessor role, it is designed to cover all aspects of customer facing competences and incorporates the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship. The successful candidate will gain an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of vehicle repair processes, parts knowledge and procurement, they will engage with various customers including vehicle owners, insurance companies, suppliers, internal Gemini customers and cover the key skills of assessing vehicle damage using specialist software and manufacturers methods.
What will I be doing?
The programme covers the technical and practical needs for todays motor vehicle customer service industry which includes Vehicle Damage Assessors.
Your duties will cover:
- Be the first and last point of contact with the customers
- Take customer bookings and scheduling repairs
- Communicate the customers work and faults to the vehicle technicians
- Assess vehicle damage
- Order, check and book on parts
- Liaise with customers throughout the repairs
- Build excellent rapports and client relationships with customers, work providers and other members of internal staff
- Handle customer complaints and objections
- Advice and guidance for vehicle care
- Collate information for CSI
- Process invoices
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/09/2021
Possible start date: 07/10/2021
- Excellent/positive communication skills
- Computer literate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- 4 GCSEs at A* to D/9 to 3 including maths and English Language (or equivalent)
Over a two-year period, they will gain a nationally recognised qualification, Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner (ST0072/AP02) and become a Vehicle Damage Assessor.
A dedicated pathway containing specialist training will run alongside the standard to ensure they gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level.
As a Vehicle Damage Assessor, you will have direct contact with customers, initially booking them in for work to their vehicles and then informing them of any additional repairs required.
Automotive Customer Service Practitioner with a VDA pathway - Level 2 standard:
- You will need GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 9-3 (A*-D), including English Language and maths - one of English Language or maths must be grade 9-4 (A*-C). Functional Skills Level 1 can be used as equivalent to GCSE (or equivalent) grade 3 (D) and Functional Skills Level 2 can be used as equivalent to GCSE (or equivalent) grade 4 (C) or above. Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment
- Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to become a Vehicle Damage Assessor?
Do you have a driving licence?
Gemini ARC was established in July 2008, our experience in running highly efficient and professional bodyshops spans over 20 years. With 18 locations across the country, we have partnerships with most major insurance companies and vehicle manufacturers so we can demonstrate our commitment to quality and maintaining our goal of making the repair journey as stress free as possible for our customers.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||24 months|
|Related course||Gemini Accident Repair Apprenticeship Programme|
£174.00 - £328.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).