Revive! Auto Innovations (West Lincs) Ltd is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice SMART Paint/Wheel Technician to join their team in North Hykeham.
The Apprentice role includes repair, surface preparation and painting vehicle bodywork and repair, surface preparation and painting/diamond cutting and powder coating vehicle wheels. An Apprentice will learn colour identification and selecting the correct materials such as primers, base coats and lacquers applied using spray equipment and utilising other techniques including powder coating and diamond cutting in the refinishing of vehicles whilst ensuring a safe environment and always working efficiently.
The comprehensive development programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment with excellent training at Nottingham College and superb future career prospects.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the current staff to complete cosmetic repairs on customer vehicles
- Preparation of surfaces for repair
- Involvement in drying and curing techniques used in the refinishing of vehicles
- Using techniques to match colours of vehicles and make colour changes
- Health & Safety and compliance requirements of a cosmetic vehicle repair business, such as control of substances
- Identifying and operating the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the processes e.g. mixing systems, paint booths, UV lamps, spray, powder coating and diamond cutting equipment
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 30/07/2021
Possible start date: 31/07/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English. Science and ICT are desirable
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Accident Repair Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required) Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with Revive! West Lincs
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Why do you want to work in this sector?
Do you have a driving license?
Revive! West Lincs Ltd offers a base at North Hykeham alongside mobile services for vehicle cosmetic bodywork and wheel repairs.
Unit D, Westminster Industrial Estate
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Vehicle Damage Paint Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).