Equi-Trek are the largest producer of horseboxes and trailers in the UK and the only British company to manufacture a complete range of horse transport from lightweight, towable trailers up to 26 tonne motorised horseboxes for over 10 horses. Auto-Trek is their Paint Shop.
Long Description - Their role includes repair, surface preparation and painting to the manufacturer paint specification. A technician is able to follow defined processes to restore the vehicle to a high-quality paint finish. Demonstrating colour identification and select the correct materials such as primers, base coats and lacquers applied using spray equipment and utilising modern drying/curing techniques such as Ultra Violet (UV), Infrared and catalytic solutions used in the refinishing of vehicles. Create a safe environment working efficiently and reducing waste. The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at Emtec College and superb future career prospects. Working for Equi-Trek, the successful candidate will repair, surface preparation and painting to the manufacturer paint specification.
Duties will include:
- Prep and mask for paint of new horseboxes
- Working alongside the current staff to repair and painting customer vehicles
- Involvement in drying and curing techniques used in the finishing of vehicles
- Calculation/estimation of paint volume requirements per job
- Health & Safety and compliance requirements of a collision repair business, such as control of substances
- Identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process e.g. mixing systems, paint booths, UV lamps and spray equipment. Training will take place via Emtec, Ruddington on a block release model 8 x per year
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 21/10/2021
Possible start date: 05/11/2021
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
4 GCSE's at grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent in maths and English. Science and ICT are desirable.
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- IMI Apprenticeship in Vehicle damage Body technician (Standard Level 3)
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed, relevant to the chosen Apprenticeship?
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace?
Equi-Trek are the largest producer of horseboxes and trailers in the UK and the only British company to manufacture a complete range of horse transport from lightweight, towable trailers up to 26 tonne motorised horseboxes for over 10 horses. Equi-Trek is a family run company who have an in depth understanding of the requirements of both horse and rider, having successfully competed in equestrian sport at International level for many years. Together with their team of qualified engineers and designers, they ensure that the utmost priority is given to the well-being, safety and comfort of the travelling horse. The success and ingenuity of Equi-Trek began in the 1990's with the remodelling of the classical 'rear loading' horse trailer, with their unique and patented side-ramp design whilst also offering excellent day/living facilities for the owner. This configuration offers safer, easier and less stressful loading for the horse whilst also giving them more comfortable, rear-facing travel - the scientifically proven preferential direction of travel for horses.
Sheephouse Wood Montgomery House
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 5pm, Friday 8am - 12.30pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Vehicle Damage Paint Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).