Fix Auto Wigan is an expert in car body repair and collision repair for all types of vehicles. Our body shop in Wigan guarantees your cars body repair for life. Being part of Fix Auto's international network of body shops, we have established a reputation respected by many insurers.
Their role includes repair, surface preparation and painting to the manufacturer paint specification. A technician is able to follow defined processes to restore the vehicle to a high-quality paint finish. Demonstrating colour identification and select the correct materials such as primers, base coats and lacquers applied using spray equipment and utilising modern drying/curing techniques such as Ultra Violet (UV), Infrared and catalytic solutions used in the refinishing of vehicles.
Create a safe environment working efficiently and reducing waste. The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at Emtec College and superb future career prospects. Working for Fix Auto, the successful candidate will repair, surface preparation and painting to the manufacturer paint specification.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the current staff to repair and painting customer vehicles
- Involvement in drying and curing techniques used in the finishing of vehicles
- Calculation / estimation of paint volume requirements per job
- Health & Safety and compliance requirements of a collision repair business, such as control of substances
- Identify and operate the correct repair tools, equipment and devices used in the process e.g mixing systems, paint booths, UV lamps and spray equipment
Training will take place via Emtec, Ruddington on a block release model 8 x per year.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 10/01/2022
Possible start date: 17/01/2022
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- 4 x GCSEs at grade A* - C / 9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Science and ICT are desirable
Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
Nationally recognised qualifications:
- IMI Apprenticeship in Vehicle damage Body technician (Standard
- Level 3)
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
- Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
- Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed, relevant to the chosen Apprenticeship?
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace ?
Fix Auto Wigan is an expert in car body repair and collision repair for all types of vehicles. Our body shop in Wigan guarantees your cars body repair for life. Being part of Fix Auto's international network of body shops, we have established a reputation respected by many insurers. If you are from Wigan or elsewhere, call or visit our repair centre in Wigan for a free estimate on any accident repair or car body repair. Courtesy cars available.
Bradley Hall Trading Estate, Bradley Lane
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Mon - Thu, 8.00am - 5.00pm and Fri, 8.00pm - 4.00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Vehicle Damage Paint Technician - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).