Scratchmaster is offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician to join their busy bodyshop in Bulwell. Learning how to carry paint mixing and preparation of vehicles prior to collection by the customer, body and painting repairs, and helping promote the business through social media.
The Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship is designed to train and develop apprentices in a way that enables them to deliver a high level of performance in the modern automotive vehicle workshop.
The comprehensive programme provides apprentices with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications, while in full-time employment.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at EMTEC College and superb future career prospects.
Working for Scratchmaster, the successful candidate will service, repair and maintain vehicles in this thriving garage.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside the current staff to repair customer vehicles
- Paint mixing and preparation of vehicles prior to collection by the customer body repairs, and painting repairs
- Helping promote the business through social media and current website. Typically this includes taking pictures of car repairs throughout the repair process and posting on various social media portals
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
Training will take place via block release at Emtec College.
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 02/11/2020
Possible start date: 16/11/2020
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training.
4 GCSE’s at grade A* to C (or equivalent) in Maths and English. Science and ICT are desirable
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.15 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
- Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation
- Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early
- This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address
Candidates must be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours. Candidates must also be willing to travel to EMTEC College, Ruddington campus to complete the block release training.
- Nationally recognised qualifications – IMI Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Standard – Level 3)
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
How will you be travelling to and from the workplace ?
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed, relevant to the chosen Apprenticeship?
Specialists in car body repairs, paintless dent repairs (PDR) and alloy wheel repairs in Nottingham. Established in 1993, we have a wealth of experience in repairing unsightly cosmetic damage to cars and light vehicles, offering a comprehensive range of scratch repair services at highly competitive prices.
Map data is calculated from the available geolocation information.
Monday to Friday 08.00 – 17.00
1 hour lunch
40 hours per week
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||36 months|
|Related course||Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).