MB Centre are offering a fantastic opportunity for a service advisor to join their busy dealerships.
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training, while in full-time employment.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service
How to apply for this vacancy
You can apply for this vacancy through the National Apprenticeship Service. If you require any assistance with applying for this vacancy please contact us on 0115 945 7260 or email the apprenticeship team.
Application deadline: 11/10/2019
Possible start date: 25/10/2019
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
5 GCSE’s at grade A to D (or equivalent) including maths, English essential. Science and ICT are also desirable.
Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation.
Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early.
This apprenticeship is work based learning, therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions.
The candidate must be available to start immediately. The candidate must also be able to travel to the workplace according to working hours.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The Programme for the Parts Apprentice incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges.
One to one assessment will also take place regularly through 121 visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Nationally recognised qualifications:
- Nationally recognised qualifications - IMI Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Competence
IMI accreditation - Parts Advisor:
- Regular in-dealer review and assessment visits from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors who observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace
On successful completion of the level 2 apprenticeships and satisfactory review with the employer, the candidate will progress onto a level 3 qualification.
Additional questions for candidates
During the application process you will be asked the following additional question(s) below. To prepare yourself, have a think about how you might answer them.
Can you identify any experience or training you have completed, relevant to the chosen Apprenticeship?
What mode of transport do you use ?
The MB Centre was formed in November 2005 by Nick Winter, formally of B&K Thomas Ltd.
Whitecity Trading Estate, Little Tennis Street
Map data is calculated from the available employer geolocation information.
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm
(40 hours per week)
|Expected duration||12 months|
|Related course||Vehicle Parts - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)|
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).