You will get the chance to add to your existing skills, while earning a wage and gaining more advanced technical knowledge of carpentry and joinery.
This course consists of the following:
- Wood Occupations CITB/City & Guilds NVQ Level 3
- Technical Certificate in Bench Joinery & Site Carpentry Diploma Level 2
- Key Skills - Communications Level 2 (unless exempt)
- Key Skills - Application of Number Level 2 (unless exempt)
- Health & Safety
- Employment Responsibilities & Rights
At Level 3, apprentices will become qualified in performing a range of advanced carpentry and joinery techniques, again specialising in site carpentry, bench joinery or shopfitting joinery.
- Manufacture doors and frames
- Manufacture stairs with turns
- Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
- Manufacture a range of internal and external joinery products
Plus, apprentices will cover health and safety in the workplace, moving and handling resources in the workplace, and efficient working practices, on top of a range of key skills such as communications and team working.
664 Nuthall Road
No attendance information is currently available.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Carpentry and Joinery
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
Practical and theory work are continually assessed throughout the qualification by the tutor at college and the workplace.
After gaining work experience in the chosen occupational area there are also opportunities for you to progress into occupational work supervision, management, higher education or technical support areas.
Further study could include:
You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment at all times during your placement and at College when using any tools/machinery.