If you’d like to improve your skills in professional cookery, alongside earning a salary, this Apprenticeship could be just what you’re looking for.
This Apprenticeship will cover the following key areas:
- Level 3 Professional Cookery (Preparation & Cooking) NVQ
- Keyskills/Functional Skills
- Technical Certificate
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety & security of the working environment
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing & cooking food
Optional units (A):
- Prepare fish for complex dishes
- Prepare meat for complex dishes
- Prepare poultry for complex dishes
- Cook & finish complex fish dishes
- Cook & finish complex meat dishes
- Cook & finish complex poultry dishes
- Cook & finish complex vegetable dishes
- Prepare, cook & finish complex hot sauces
- Prepare, cook & finish dressings & cold sauces
Optional units (B) include preparing and cooking complex dishes such as shellfish, game, fresh pasta, dough products and soups.
Others include preparing, cooking and finishing cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones, pastry, chocolate and sugar products, as well as preparing, finishing and presenting:
- Canapes & cocktail products
- Complex hot and cold desserts
- Produce sauces, fillings & coatings for complex desserts
- Produce healthier dishes
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Contribute to the development of recipes & menus
To achieve the full qualification students must attain a minimum of 56 credits in total. This comprises of:
- All of the mandatory units (17 credits)
- A minimum of 33 credits from section A
- A minimum of 6 credits from section B
Units will be discussed with your assessor and selected for the appropriate job role and training purpose.
As part of this training programme you can expect your employee to contribute towards the development of menus and recipes.
You can start this course at any time.
Catering and Professional Chefs - Professional Cookery - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) Standard
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
The workplace tutor continually assesses your practical and theory work throughout. An Internal Verifier will visit you to monitor your progress. You are required to keep a portfolio of evidence generated in the workplace.
You could progress onto a Foundation Degree in Hospitality Management with specialist routes.
Email this apprenticeship information
Use the form below to email this apprenticeship information directly to your inbox for future reference.