If you’re looking to build on your existing skills, while working on classic vehicles in all types of vehicle restoration repair facilities, this programme will give you the advanced technical knowledge you need.
The programme covers the technical and practical needs for today’s classic vehicle restoration industry.
You will study both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- History and heritage of classic vehicles
- Tools, equipment and materials
- Understanding customer expectations and needs
- Dismantling, measuring and recording
- Diagnosing and repairing vehicle engine, driveline, electrical and chassis systems
- Evaluating and repairing structural body defects and misalignment
- Advanced thermal joining and filling techniques
- Rectification of corrosion/major paint defects and paint refinishing
- Repair and replacement of interior and exterior glass, wood and trim
- Health and safety and good housekeeping
Ruddington Fields Business Park
No attendance information is currently available.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Classic Vehicle Restoration
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
For each module you will have to complete coursework, written assignments, practical assessments, online tests and work-based observations. You will have a the advantage of
Boots and overalls should be provided by your employer.