This programme could be right up your street if you prefer vocational training to academic study and want to build on your existing technical skills in light vehicle (cars and vans) maintenance while earning a wage.
With a combination of on-the-job training and assessments, and training through an IMI Awards approved centre, apprenticeships demonstrate your competence to do a job to a national standard.
The course covers:
- Knowledge of materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle electrical faults
- Competency in light vehicle preparation and inspection
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle engine faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis system faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
You will also study English and maths.*
English and maths - skills for your future
Employers and universities really value skills in English and maths. So, building on your existing knowledge of these subjects will help you prepare for your future career or further study. *If you are aged 16-18 and have not yet achieved GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or above/grade 4 or above don’t worry - we’ll support you with the right lessons to increase your confidence in these essential employability skills.
Our courses are designed to help you achieve your ambitions, whether you plan to go on to a higher level of study or start a career. Employability and study skills will be included to help you develop the broad skills required by industry. They will vary from course to course and are designed to meet local and national employer needs.
Ruddington Fields Business Park
No attendance information is currently available.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course assessment is made up of practical tasks, online exam and a portfolio of work.
You or your employer must supply your boots and overalls.