This programme could be right up your street if you prefer vocational training to academic study and want to build on your existing technical skills in motorcycle maintenance while earning a wage.
With a combination of on-the-job training and assessments, and training through an IMI Awards approved centre, apprenticeships demonstrate your competence to do a job to a national standard.
The course covers:
- Knowledge of materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle electrical faults
- Competency in light vehicle preparation and inspection
- Competency in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle engine faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle chassis system faults
- Knowledge of diagnosis and rectification of light vehicle transmission and driveline faults
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Motorcycle - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
18 - 24 months
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
The course assessment is made up of practical tasks, online exam and a portfolio of work.
You or your employer must supply your boots and overalls.
Email this apprenticeship information
Use the form below to email this apprenticeship information directly to your inbox for future reference.