This apprenticeship is perfect if you’re looking for a career working in senior roles with children and/or young people in primary, secondary or special schools.
You’ll gain practical on-the-job skills as well as the educational theory to support you in your career.
The course covers:
- Understanding children’s and young people’s development
- Promoting positive children and young people’s behaviour
- Communication and professional relationships
- Schools as organisations
- Supporting learning activities
- Engaging in personal development
- Developing professional relationships
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
- Supporting assessment for learning
- Supporting children and young people’s health and safety
- Understanding how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people and a range of optional units
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
Maid Marian Way
No attendance information is currently available.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will be assessed in your workplace for your practical skills and you will produce a portfolio of evidence to highlight your understanding of the knowledge required.
You will need to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as you will be working with young people. This is usually paid for by your employer.