This apprenticeship is perfect if you’re looking for a career working in senior roles with children and/or young people in primary, secondary or special schools.
You’ll gain practical on-the-job skills as well as the educational theory to support you in your career.
The course covers:
- Understanding children’s and young people’s development
- Promoting positive children and young people’s behaviour
- Communication and professional relationships
- Schools as organisations
- Supporting learning activities
- Engaging in personal development
- Developing professional relationships
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
- Supporting assessment for learning
- Supporting children and young people’s health and safety
- Understanding how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people and a range of optional units
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal learning and thinking skills
|Study location||Maid Marian Way Maid Marian Way, Nottingham, NG1 6AB|
You can start this Apprenticeship at any time of the year.
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
You will be assessed in your workplace for your practical skills and you will produce a portfolio of evidence to highlight your understanding of the knowledge required.
You will need to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as you will be working with young people. This is usually paid for by your employer.