If you’d like to work with children or young people and help support their development, perhaps in a nursery or primary school setting, then why not choose this apprenticeship?
You’ll gain a broad range of directly relevant skills to help build a career in Children’s and Young People’s Services.
The course covers:
- Children’s and young person’s development
- Maintaining and supporting relationships with children and young people
- Contributing to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understanding partnership working in services for children and young people
- Introduction to communication
- Introduction to equality and inclusion
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Supporting children’s and young people’s positive behaviour
- Contributing to the support of child and young person development
- Contributing to children’s and young people’s health and safety
- Paediatric emergency first aid
- Managing paediatric illness and injury
Maid Marian Way
No attendance information is currently available.
Apprenticeship in Children's and Young People's Workforce
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will be assessed in your workplace for your practical skills and you will produce a portfolio of evidence to show your understanding of the knowledge required.
You will need to have a Disclosure and Barring check which is usually paid for by your employer.