If you’d like to work with children or young people and help support their development, perhaps in a nursery or primary school setting, then why not choose this apprenticeship?
You’ll gain a broad range of directly relevant skills to help build a career in Children’s and Young People’s Services.
The course covers:
- Children’s and young person’s development
- Maintaining and supporting relationships with children and young people
- Contributing to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understanding partnership working in services for children and young people
- Introduction to communication
- Introduction to equality and inclusion
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Supporting children’s and young people’s positive behaviour
- Contributing to the support of child and young person development
- Contributing to children’s and young people’s health and safety
- Paediatric emergency first aid
- Managing paediatric illness and injury
You can start this course at any time.
Children and Young People's Workforce - Children and Young People's Workforce - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2)
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will be assessed in your workplace for your practical skills and you will produce a portfolio of evidence to show your understanding of the knowledge required.
You will need to have a Disclosure and Barring check which is usually paid for by your employer.
Email this apprenticeship information
Use the form below to email this apprenticeship information directly to your inbox for future reference.