This programme could be right up your street if you prefer vocational training to academic study and want to gain technical skills in motorcycle maintenance while earning a wage.
The course covers:
- Routine motorcycle maintenance, including engine systems
- Inspecting, repairing and replacing motorcycle tyres
- Carrying out motorcycle wheel alignment
- Inspecting and replacing motorcycle exhaust components, suspension dampers and springs, batteries and electrical components, braking systems and components
- You will gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace, agreeing customer vehicle needs and other skills associated with working in a garage.
You will also study English and maths.*
English and maths - skills for your future
Employers and universities really value skills in English and maths. So, building on your existing knowledge of these subjects will help you prepare for your future career or further study. *If you are aged 16-18 and have not yet achieved GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or above/grade 4 or above don’t worry - we’ll support you with the right lessons to increase your confidence in these essential employability skills.
Our courses are designed to help you achieve your ambitions, whether you plan to go on to a higher level of study or start a career. Employability and study skills will be included to help you develop the broad skills required by industry. They will vary from course to course and are designed to meet local and national employer needs.
Ruddington Fields Business Park
No attendance information is currently available.
Apprenticeship in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair (Level 2)
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
Course assessment is made up of three elements:
You or your employer must supply your boots and overalls.