This is for you if would like a career in the exciting and rewarding playwork sector - you could work in a holiday club, breakfast or after school club for example.
You will learn a range of skills that employers in the playwork sector are looking for. Playworkers are employed by local authorities, voluntary organisations or private companies. Some jobs are seasonal, for instance in the school holidays.
The course covers:
- Playwork principles
- Working within a play environment with children and young people
- Supporting children and young people’s play
- Relationships in the play environment
- Health and safety in the play environment
- The safeguarding and welfare of children and young people in the play environment
- Developing your own playwork and team practice
- Reflective playwork practice
- Contributing to the health, safety, security and welfare of children and young people using the play environment
- Helping to improve your own practice and the work of the playwork team
- Supporting relationships in the play environment
- Working with children and young people to create play spaces and support freely chosen self-directed play
You will also study English and maths.*
English and maths - skills for your future
Employers and universities really value skills in English and maths. So, building on your existing knowledge of these subjects will help you prepare for your future career or further study. *If you are aged 16-18 and have not yet achieved GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or above/grade 4 or above don’t worry - we’ll support you with the right lessons to increase your confidence in these essential employability skills.
Our courses are designed to help you achieve your ambitions, whether you plan to go on to a higher level of study or start a career. Employability and study skills will be included to help you develop the broad skills required by industry. They will vary from course to course and are designed to meet local and national employer needs.
No attendance information is currently available.
Apprenticeship in Playwork
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will be assessed in your workplace for your practical skills and you will produce a portfolio of evidence to show your understanding of the knowledge required.
You will need to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.