This is an accredited professional course for people working as an assessor of NVQ or similar work-based qualifications.
The course is designed to support you in your role, enhancing your knowledge and your professional practice in the workplace. You will study two units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment.
You’ll be studying alongside other professionals so there will be plenty of opportunity to share ideas and best practice. You’ll also have the support of your tutor who will offer you guidance which will enable you to succeed on the course.
Nottingham College currently offers three Level 3 Assessor Qualifications:
- The Assessing Competence in the Work Environment Award is for those that assess NVQ or similar qualifications and assess the learner in a work environment. It is the direct replacement of the A1 award and is compulsory for those that assess NVQ style qualifications. This award would be suitable for a Hairdressing assessor, for example.
- The Assessing Vocational Achievement Award is a for those that do not assess NVQ style qualifications but do assess preparing for employment qualifications which are more classroom based. For both awards students will need to get some work assessing one of the above types of learners.
- The Certificate is for those that are assessing both types of learners and combines both awards.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
111 Canal Street
Date / time:
Please see 'Duration' below for information on dates.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £975
No fee reductions available. All students pay the same fee.
Course code: C039688 / Q039689
NCFE Certificate Level 3 in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
There will be a three hour taught session every three weeks with a 'drop in session' two weeks later.
The dates of these are:
February start (all 3.30pm - 6.30pm):
You’ll need to be aged 19+ and have a minimum of two learners who are on a course which requires placement (NVQ Equivalent).
You’ll also need to have English and maths at Functional Skills Level 2 or GCSE grades 4/C or above. You must also hold Level 3 qualification in the subject you will be assessing in.
|Teaching & assessment||
Production of a portfolio of evidence, professional discussion and observations.