This is an accredited professional course for people working as an assessor of NVQ or similar work-based qualifications.
The course is designed to support you in your role, enhancing your knowledge and your professional practice in the workplace. You will study two units:
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment.
You’ll be studying alongside other professionals so there will be plenty of opportunity to share ideas and best practice. You’ll also have the support of your tutor who will offer you guidance which will enable you to succeed on the course.
Nottingham College currently offers three Level 3 Assessor Qualifications:
- The Assessing Competence in the Work Environment Award is for those that assess NVQ or similar qualifications and assess the learner in a work environment. It is the direct replacement of the A1 award and is compulsory for those that assess NVQ style qualifications. This award would be suitable for a Hairdressing assessor, for example.
- The Assessing Vocational Achievement Award is a for those that do not assess NVQ style qualifications but do assess preparing for employment qualifications which are more classroom based. For both awards students will need to get some work assessing one of the above types of learners.
- The Certificate is for those that are assessing both types of learners and combines both awards.
Course dates / times
Sorry, we currently do not have any course date information available for this course. Please check back soon for further updates.
AIM Award Level 3 in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
Only the first 5 weeks are classroom based. The rest of the course will be on a one-to-one basis in the workplace at variable dates until completed.
You’ll need to be aged 19+, have a minimum of two learners completing NVQ or similar work-based qualifications and an identified internal verifier before you enrol, this person must be competent in the NVQ area and hold the V1, D34 or IQA Award.
You’ll also need to have literacy and numeracy at Level 2 (we’ll need to see your certificates) as well as holding a level 3 or equivalent in the subject you will be assessing in .
Please note that you’ll need to have an identified internal verifier before you enrol.
Production of a portfolio of evidence, professional discussion and observations.
Our EMTEC Centre donates PPE to local hospitals
Nottingham College donates student resources to support Nottingham’s response to Covid 19
Exercise blog - keeping your body and mind healthy