This is a full NVQ qualification in Gents Hair cutting and styling. It provides a working knowledge in the world of Gents styling. With this qualification a new career in Gents styling could be yours.
This course is not suitable for school leavers.
The course includes:
- Health and Safety
- Advise and Consult with Clients
- Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- Cut Hair using Basic Barbering Techniques
- Cut Facial Hair to Shape using Basic Techniques
- Dry and Finish Men's Hair.
Optional units could include:
- Create Basic Patterns in Hair
- Change Men's Hair Colour
- Reception Duties
- Maintain Effectiveness at Work
- Give Customers a Positive Impression of Yourself and Organisation
- Promote Additional Products and Services to Customers
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
14-16 Wheeler Gate
Date / time:
Start: 4th September 2019
End: 25th June 2020
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £1,500
Tuition fees may be waived if you are in receipt of certain benefits.
Course code: C021756 / Q021757
Level 2 Certificate in Barbering
One of the following:
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-D, we may accept one of them at Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply. You may need to complete an English and maths assessment to determine the right course and support for you.
This part-time route is only available to students who are aged 19+.
|Teaching & assessment||
Continual assessment of practical and written and oral testing of theory.
Extra units can be taken in subsequent years to build a full NVQ Level 2 in Ladies Hairdressing.
You will need to purchase kit and a uniform. Costs for these can be discussed at interview.
Email this course information
Use the form below to email this course information directly to your inbox for future reference.