This is an excellent introduction to using a computer including word processing, internet and email. During the course you will learn:
- Word processing:
- Get familiar with the keyboard.
- Input simple data
- Print and save a document
- Familiarise yourself with search engines such as Google.
- Familiarise yourself with common icons such as the Home Page.
- Navigate to different web sites.
- Print and save web pages
- Sending, receiving and forwarding emails, adding attachments to an email (letters and pictures).
- An email account will be created for you if necessary.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Maid Marian Way
Date / time:
Start: 13th May 2019
End: 8th July 2019
Time: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £56.88
Community Learning funded. See our Financial Help page for fee reduction information.
Course code: C003641 / Q011784
No qualification awarded
To enrol on this course you must be aged 19+, live in the Nottingham area and have an NG postcode.
|Teaching & assessment||
There is no formal assessment.
By attending the course you will have increased your knowledge, skills and understanding to help you move on and take up further opportunities open to you.
Your tutor will discuss progression opportunities with you at the final session as part of the course evaluation. These may include other community courses, employability skills courses, volunteering opportunities and progression onto other Nottingham College courses.
A memory stick/flash drive would be advantageous but not essential.
We will be using computers but iPads and notepads are available, if this is your preference.
Email this course information
Use the form below to email this course information directly to your inbox for future reference.