Increase your confidence as a creative writer and learn how to create and publish and e-book!
- Introduction to a range of strategies to help you develop creative writing skills
- Encourage you to develop a habit of writing
- Provide an opportunity for development of written work based on tutor and peer feedback
- Increase awareness of e-books and the publishing industry
- Learn how to create and publish an e-book
- Learn how to sell and market e-books as an independent publisher
- Create a short story for publication on Amazon/Kindle
- Compile an anthology of short stories for sale – profits to go to charity of the students’ choice
- Creative Fiction Writing
- Character Development
- Dialogue and Action
- Modes of Creative Writing
- E-book Publishing
- Marketing and Sales
- Setting Up Kindle/Author Marketing Accounts
- The Anthology
You will have the option to work towards publishing your work in an 'Anthology' created with other students. See what previous students have published here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pieces-Of-Eight-An-Anthology-ebook/dp/B00R54N9MA
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Maid Marian Way
Date / time:
Start: 1st May 2019
End: 26th June 2019
Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £52
Community Learning funded. See our Financial Help page for fee reduction information.
Course code: C003643 / Q028739
No qualification awarded
To enrol on this course you must be aged 19+, live in the Nottingham area and have an NG postcode. You will need to know how to use a computer and have access to the internet for publishing. You will also need enthusiasm to learn!
|Teaching & assessment||
This is essentially a practical course which will include a variety of writing exercises and experiences as part of the course.
Please bring a pen, paper and creative thoughts and ideas.
Email this course information
Use the form below to email this course information directly to your inbox for future reference.