This course will equip you with an understanding and knowledge of the digital skills needed to search and apply for employment, including an awareness of finding and managing relevant and good quality information, and considering the importance of online identities.
You will also look at the importance of digital skills in the workplace itself, considering how to communicate effectively using technology and how to protect data and devices, among other organisational policies and procedures.
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Unit 1: Developing digital career skills
- In this unit, you will explore a range of digital skills, their relevance and how to improve your own digital skills. You will also look at social media and the internet in relation to employment opportunities, what forms an online identity, and how to use digital skills in career progression.
- Unit 2: Management of information
- You will be asked to look at how to gather reliable information using different techniques, as well as copyright regulations and what happens when these are breached. You will also be asked to explore different storage methods for data management and why these are in place, plus the benefits and limitations of these methods.
- Unit 3: Digital device safety awareness
- You will learn about types of threats to data and how to protect it, as well as considering data protection legislation. You will also be asked to look at health and safety legislation regarding the use of digital equipment and how the risks can be reduced.
- Unit 4: Communication and productivity
- In this unit, you will learn how to communicate effectively using a range of technology, including email, online meeting and collaboration tools, and digital networks. You will also be asked to understand the advantages and disadvantages of these methods and look at safety issues and support related to social media.
- Unit 5: Digital security
- In this unit, you will be able to identify a range of security threats and system protection methods, as well as exploring current legislation around system and data protection and organisational policies and procedures relating to this.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £357.50
This course could be fully funded for you, subject to criteria. Please view our Financial Help section to see if you are eligible for fee remission.
Course code: C033668 / Q033669
Digital Skills for Work (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will work at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 110 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.