Engineering Technicians in the Aerospace, Aviation, Automotive, Maritime Defence and wider Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Sector are predominantly involved in highly skilled, complex work and must, as a minimum be able to:
- Apply safe systems of working
- Make a technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes or services
- Apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- Have a commitment to continued professional development Engineering Technicians take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work they undertake within the limits of their personal authority. They also need to be able to demonstrate a core set of behaviours in order to be competent in their job role, complement wider business strategy and development. This will enable them to support their long term career development.
Engineered and manufactured products and systems that Engineering Technicians work on could involve mechanical, electrical, electronic, electromechanical and fluid power components/systems.
Potential jobs include:
- Engineering technician
- Aerospace technician
- Aviation engineer
- Maritime engineering
- Mechatronics engineer
Vacancy Post:Engineering Apprentice
(Closing date: 07/10/2020)
Employer/Location:British Gypsum Ltd
|Study location||Highfields Jesse Boot Avenue, Science Park, University Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 2RU|
You can start this Apprenticeship at any time of the year.
Engineering Technician - Level 3 Standard
15 - 18 months
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English, maths and ICT prior to enrolling.
You will develop an electronic portfolio of evidence against the requirements of the qualification. Evidence can be generated by observation of your workplace, witness testimonies, case studies or personal accounts of events. Online tests may be used to confirm your knowledge and understanding as well as an End Point Assessment.