This qualification aims to raise awareness about the impact and consequences of a fall, the risks and hazards that could result in a fall and how to prevent or reduce the risk of a fall.
- Unit 1: Falls in context
- This unit will provide an introduction to falls within a health and social care context, including the impact and consequences of falls, the benefits of falls awareness and prevention and legislation and guidance relating to falls and falls prevention.
- Unit 2: The risk factors and causes of falls
- In this unit you will be learning about the personal and environmental factors that can increase the likelihood of falls and other risk factors.
- Unit 3: Falls assessment and prevention
- This unit will look at how an individual’s risk of falls can be assessed, monitored and reviewed. You will learn about effective interventions that can be used to reduce the risk of falls and multi-agency and specialist support available for falls prevention.
- Unit 4: Managing falls
- In this unit you will learn more about how to reduce the impact and minimise harm in the event of a fall, your role and responsibilities in falls situations and the importance of learning from falls to improve care.
|Location||Date / time|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Course code: C033640 / Q033641
Falls Prevention Awareness (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will learn at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 118 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.
The tuition fee is funded in full* by the government, but you must submit information when you enrol to qualify. You can find out what information you need to submit here.
*If you are a 19-23 year old without a prior Level 2 qualification, this course will not be funded. Please contact the enquiries team to discuss all available options for you.
*Geographical restrictions may apply.