This course is structured to be a follow-on to the first course but would also stand alone if you have some knowledge of this or a related subject, for example, you may be a support work worker.
The course includes:
- Enhancing listening skills
- A deeper look at the core conditions ie, empathy, congruence and unconditional positive regard
- Setting goals with clients: giving the counselling /support sessions focus
- Self-care/self-management: personal and emotional awareness and safety/relaxation methods
- Preparing yourself to deliver counselling support: grounding/centering techniques
- Maintaining professional boundaries and letting go- drawing the line between what we are and what we are not responsible for
- “Having a go” - a practice session which will will be tailored to the group’s needs
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Get in touch
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
The Lace Market
Date / time:
Start: 22nd April 2021
End: 24th June 2021
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £67.50
Tuition fees may be waived if you are in receipt of certain benefits. Please see our Community Learning Courses page to see if you can claim a fee reduction.
Course code: C034549 / Q034550
There are no formal entry requirements but you should have a good standard of written and spoken English.
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
There may be opportunities to progress onto other courses both in the community and at Nottingham College sites.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
You can read more about community courses and your individual Learning Plan in our Guidance for Community Learners booklet.
Tutor: Clare Bishop