This course is structured to be a follow-on to the first course but would also stand alone if you have some knowledge of this or a related subject, for example, you may be a support work worker.
The course includes:
- Enhancing listening skills
- A deeper look at the core conditions ie, empathy, congruence and unconditional positive regard
- Setting goals with clients: giving the counselling /support sessions focus
- Self-care/self-management: personal and emotional awareness and safety/relaxation methods
- Preparing yourself to deliver counselling support: grounding/centering techniques
- Maintaining professional boundaries and letting go- drawing the line between what we are and what we are not responsible for
- “Having a go” - a practice session - ( this will be tailored to the group’s needs.)
Course dates / times
Sorry, we currently do not have any course date information available for this course. Please check back soon for further updates.
No qualification awarded.
There are no formal entry requirements but you should have a good standard of written and spoken English.
|Teaching & assessment||
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete a short workbook and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
There may be opportunities to progress onto other courses both in the community and at Nottingham College centres. The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
Email this course information
Use the form below to email this course information directly to your inbox for future reference.