This course is perfect if you’d like to explore a career in Health & Social Care and prepare for higher level courses in this subject.
You’ll learn a range of topics to give you an introduction to people’s health need and creative and leisure activities for children and adults in care settings, for example.
You can expect a supportive environment with plenty of opportunity to develop your employability and study skills
- Investigating rights and responsibilities at work
- Managing your health at work
- Preparing for work placement
- Health needs
- Introduction to creative and leisure activities for children and adults
- Creative and leisure activities for adults in health and social care
- Promoting healthy eating in care
- Communication with adults and children in health and social care
- Job opportunities in health and social care
- Carrying out an individual project
- Working in a team
111 Canal Street
Start: 6th September 2021
Course code: C027167 / Q027170
Health and Social Care Entry 3 BTEC Diploma
You’ll need to complete an initial assessment to check this course is right for you. ESOL students must have passed and have certificates in ESOL Entry 3 Reading, Entry 3 Writing and Entry 3 Listening and Speaking (all skills).
Assessment is conducted internally with booklets, leaflets and assignments.
Choose to follow with a Level 1 course such as the Introduction to Health, Social Care, and Children’s & Young People’s Settings.
Making the most of a Virtual Open Evening: Checklist
16 to 19 Tuition Fund - Additional support with your studies
Students help design the new skate park opposite the City Hub