This course is perfect if you’d like to explore a career in Health & Social Care and prepare for higher level courses in this subject.
You’ll learn a range of topics to give you an introduction to people’s health need and creative and leisure activities for children and adults in care settings, for example.
You can expect a supportive environment with plenty of opportunity to develop your employability and study skills
- Investigating rights and responsibilities at work
- Managing your health at work
- Preparing for work placement
- Health needs
- Introduction to creative and leisure activities for children and adults
- Creative and leisure activities for adults in health and social care
- Promoting healthy eating in care
- Communication with adults and children in health and social care
- Job opportunities in health and social care
- Carrying out an individual project
- Working in a team
111 Canal Street
Start: 5th September 2022
Course code: C027167 / Q027170
Pearson Edexcel Entry 3 Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
You’ll need to complete an initial assessment to check this course is right for you. ESOL students must have passed and have certificates in ESOL Entry 3 Reading, Entry 3 Writing and Entry 3 Listening and Speaking (all skills).
You must be aged 16-18 to apply for this course.
Assessment is conducted internally with booklets, leaflets and assignments.
Choose to follow with a Level 1 course such as the Introduction to Health, Social Care, and Children’s & Young People’s Settings.
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees.
If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss National, please visit our EU Settled Status scheme page for more information.
6 Open Day tips for parents
Level 2 Make-up students create Winter Ball looks
College comes together to raise money for fantastic causes