Make a real difference to people’s lives by supporting others in their time of need.
This new Health, Wellbeing and Social Care degree starting in September 2023, will help open the door to a rewarding career meeting the needs of others in our society.
The health and social care field is a growing area. As more emphasis is placed on health promotion in our society, there is an ever-increasing demand for qualified health and social care practitioners. The recent COVID-19 pandemic has sharply focused our attentions on the importance of good-quality health care provision in our communities.
Students will develop an understanding of the theory underpinning care practice, which will enhance the quality of care provided for clients either in work or on placement. Curriculum content will be strongly influenced by the principles of wellbeing and prevention and the precept that an individual client, their family, and/or carer must be informed and empowered to make decisions relating to their own care.
Level 4 (Year 1) modules include:
- Study Skills
- An Introduction to Law, Policy and Ethical Practice in Health and Social Care
- Professional Principles and Values in Health and Social Care
- An Introduction to Theory and Practice in Health and Social Care (including The Study of Life Sciences)
- The Transcendence of Human Behaviour and Development
- An Introduction to Contemporary Social Issues
Level 5 (Year 2) modules include:
- An Application of Sociology & Psychology in Health and Social Care
- Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
- Providing Holistic Assessments and Person-centred Care in Health and Social Care
- Global Thinking in Health and Social Care – 21st Century
- The Foundations of Individual and Team Leadership – From Theory to Practice
- Health, Social Care and Community Development
Level 6 (Year 3) modules include:
- An understanding of Eastern and Western Philosophy to HSC and Well-being – Learning from Indigenous People
- The Art and Science of Human Transformation
- The Reflective Practitioner in Health and Social Care
- Research Studies
|Location||Date||Fees / reductions|
664 Nuthall Road
Start: Monday 25th September 2023
Fees / reductions:
The tuition fee is per year.
Various bursaries are available for some Higher Education courses.
Tuition fee: £8,250
Course code: C040167 / Q040168
Level 6 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Health, Social Care and Wellbeing (subject to validation)
|Teaching & assessment||
A combination of traditional and innovative assessment methods are utilised such as: projects, presentations, industry work experience and individual or group assignments. Examinations will be a mixture of timed open and closed-book tasks.
Our graduates will follow careers in a wide range of health and social care settings in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors and public health, although some opportunities may require further study, training and/or work experience beyond this degree.
Possible roles could include: care manager, healthcare assistant and healthcare support worker, health educator, health scientist, welfare or housing association professional, practice manager, social work assistant, specialist practitioner, youth worker or youth justice worker.