Hospitality and Visitor Economy Management Foundation Degree (Level 5) — Full-time
This Foundation Degree is designed to provide the academic and vocational skills for a career within the Hospitality and Tourism industry.
The course is designed to meet the following aims:
- To give an overview of the hospitality and visitor economy industry and provide the underpinning knowledge necessary to operate effectively.
- To develop a range of skills to enable progression into either a managerial position in this sector or onto an Honours Degree level course.
All of our lecturers have excellent, in-depth industrial knowledge and experience. We have long-standing links with local, national and international companies.
There are four pathways to choose from:
- Culinary Product Development
- Events Production Management
- Visitor Attractions
- Developing research skills
- Hospitality and visitor economy operations
- Employability enhancement
- Marketing and exploring the customer experience
- Sector operational development (including placement)
- People and organisation interface
- Hospitality and visitor economy business principles
- Management techniques and employability development
- Research project
- Entrepreneurship and enterprise development
- Hospitality management for hotels, restaurants and the licenced trade
- Events production management
- Gastronomy development
- Visitor attraction management
A five-month industrial placement gives first-hand work experience. Students can visit a wide range of establishments worldwide, or find their own placement closer to home.
There are opportunities to attend study tours abroad – most recently to BSG Interns (Florida) – as well as a programme of local and national visits.
How to apply for this course
Entry onto this course is via UCAS.
- Institution code: N30
- UCAS code: HVH2
Want to find out more first?
Would you like more information? Email our HE team.Download a guide Browse careers Get in touch
|Location||Date||Fees / reductions|
111 Canal Street
Start: Tuesday 26th September 2023
Fees / reductions:
The tuition fee is per year.
Various bursaries are available for some Higher Education courses.
Tuition fee: £8,250
Course code: C027486 / Q027492
Foundation Degree in Arts - FdA
You will need a minimum of 48 UCAS points from:
Other combinations of qualifications and experience will also be considered, as will Level 3 qualifications not currently listed on the UCAS tariff.
We would expect students to be working at (or to demonstrate competency at) Level 2 or above in English/literacy and maths/numeracy.
Industry experience is an advantage.
Experienced mature applicants with relevant professional experience and/or qualifications are welcome to apply.
|Teaching & assessment||
Assignments are industry focused to develop the relevant skills of managing tasks and solving problems. Most modules are either individual or group assignments, some of which can be practical, using local industry contacts.
Following this course, there is a wide range of career opportunities within the industry, or you could continue study with our BA (Hons) Service Sector Management Top-up degree, or another similar top-up degree.
Recent graduates have gone on to successful careers with organisations such as: De Vere Hotels, The National Trust, London’s Sketch restaurant and Valor Hotels amongst others.
This course validated by Nottingham Trent University.