This course is designed for people who are looking to progress to a management career in the hospitality and tourism-related industries.
With its strong practical emphasis, you’ll develop a broad range of skills and an understanding of the global hospitality and visitor economy industries.
The Foundation Degree Hospitality and Visitor Economy Management is designed to provide the academic and vocational skills for a career within the hospitality and Tourism industry. Academic and vocational skills development is essential preparation for progression to either Honours Degree level courses or the world of work.
In summary, the course is designed to:
- give an overview of the hospitality and visitor economy industry and provide the underpinning knowledge necessary to operate effectively within the industry
- enhance understanding of the importance of the hospitality and visitor economy industry within the services sector and gain the effective skills necessary for employment and/or self-employment
- develop a range of skills to enable progression into either a managerial position in the hospitality and visitor economy sector or onto an Honours Degree level course.
- provide an intermediate, work-related, higher education qualification. The course has been designed in conjunction with employers to meet skill shortages at the higher technician and associate professional levels.o provide opportunities to investigate the sectors of the industry in which students’ interests and future aspirations lie, and to enable them to work with a greater expertise and understanding.
- provide opportunities to investigate the sectors of the industry in which students’ interests and future aspirations lie, and to enable them to work with a greater expertise and understanding.
All of our lecturers have excellent, in-depth industrial knowledge and experience. We have long-standing links with local, national and international companies.
Year 1 modules include:
- Developing Research Skills
- Hospitality and Visitor Economy Operations
- Employability Enhancement
- Marketing and Exploring the Customer Experience
- Sector Operational Development (including placement)
Year 2 core modules include:
- Employee and Organisations Interface
- Hospitality and Visitor Economy Business Principles
- Management Techniques and Employability Development
- Research Project
- Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development
- Hospitality Management for Hotels, Restaurants and the Licenced Trade
- Events Production Management
- Culinary Product Development
- Visitor Attraction Management
|Location||Date||Fees / reductions|
The Lace Market
Start: 30th September 2019
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £8,250
The tuition fee is per year.
Various bursaries are available for some Higher Education courses.
Course code: C027491 / Q027499
Foundation Degree in Arts - FdA
You will need a minimum of 48 UCAS points from:
Other combinations of qualifications and experience will also be considered, as will Level 3 qualifications not currently listed on the UCAS tariff.
We would expect students to be working at (or to demonstrate competency at) Level 2 or above in English/literacy and maths/numeracy.
Experienced mature applicants with relevant professional experience and/or qualifications are welcome to apply.
|Teaching & assessment||
Assignments are industry focused to develop the relevant skills of managing tasks and solving problems. Most modules are either individual or group assignments, some of which can be practical, using local industry contacts.
Following this course, there is a wide range of career opportunities within the industry, or you could continue study with our BA (Hons) Service Sector Management Top-up degree, or another similar top-up degree.
Recent graduates have gone on to successful careers with organisations such as: De Vere Hotels, The National Trust, London’s Sketch restaurant and Valor Hotels amongst others.
This course is subject to validation by Nottingham Trent University.
Email this course information
Use the form below to email this course information directly to your inbox for future reference.