This qualification will give you an introductory understanding of childcare through exploring young children’s development, the value and importance of play, how to plan a healthy diet and the importance of safeguarding and welfare.
- Unit 1: Young children’s development
- This unit will explore the stages of development of young children from birth to three years. Alongside this, you will learn about how positive environments support the development of young children.
- Unit 2: The value of play to young children
- Within this unit you will learn about the necessity of play to young children’s development as well as demonstrating different play activities suitable for young children from birth to five years old.
- Unit 3: Importance of play for early learning
- This unit will take you through the vital importance of creativity and imagination in the development of a child. You will learn about how to organise a cooking activity for children as well as the particular importance of books and stories in child development.
- Unit 4: Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- This unit examines legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people (including e-safety). You will look at what action to take when children or young people are injured or ill and when complete, you will be able to recognise emergency procedures as well as how to respond to suspicions that a child or young people has been abused, harmed or bullied.
- Unit 5: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- This unit will help you to build an understanding of how to make healthy and nutritional food choices for children. You will develop knowledge of food labels and what to look out for to ensure that children are given a balanced diet.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £380.25
This course could be fully funded for you, subject to criteria. Please view our Financial Help section to see if you are eligible for fee remission.
Course code: C033676 / Q033677
Introducing Caring for Children and Young People (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will study at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 117 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course but you must be aged 19 or over.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.