This is a great introduction to British Sign Language.
The course will:
- Introduce BSL as a language
- Show individuals how to fingerspell
- Group to fingerspell their own names and group names
- Introduce family signs, ie mother, father, sister, brother, friend etc
- Introduce and practice using signed numbers and quantities
- Basic deaf awareness
- Basic signed conversations including above topics and vocabulary
Course dates / times
Sorry, we currently do not have any course date information available for this course. Please check back soon for further updates.
No qualification awarded.
There are no formal entry requirements however you should have a good standard of written and spoken English.
Tutors will give verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete a short workbook and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
There may be opportunities to progress onto other courses both in the community and at Nottingham College sites. The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
Tutor: Maria Tracey
You can read more about community courses in our Guidance for Community Courses booklet.