If you are a current ESOL student studying at Entry or above and want to understand what good and bad customer service is, what is your role in customer service and who your customers are, then this is the course for you.
You will learn to understand how to communicate effectively, including the use of body language and understanding the importance of treating people with respect. You will study through interactive/modern approach utilising emerging technologies such as audio - visual aids, social media, as well as traditional methods focusing on how learners can excel in Customer service roles and appropriately deal with the most demanding customers.
You will gain an awareness of:
- What to do about queries/requests and problems that you may come across
- How to exceed customer expectations
- How to interact with customers and perform any customer service tasks
The course includes:
- Identifying some characteristics of effective customer service
- Reasons why it is important to offer good customer service
- Knowing how greet customers politely
- Responding appropriately to routine customer queries and requests
- Following instructions to complete routine customer service tasks
- Demonstrating what indicates good and bad customer service
- How to professionally communicate with customers
- An overview of how to create an excellent service through communication
- Identifying customers' needs and responding appropriately to difficult customers
- Handling enquiries, problems and complaints using different communication mediums
- Abiding to employers’ customer service policies and procedures
- A rundown of solutions for customer service problems
- Understanding the benefits of implementing a quality service approach
- How to identify customers' needs and provide the best available service
- Being versed with different customer groups and what they expect
- How to apply for customer service vacancies
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
No courses dates were found, it is currently not possible to apply for this course.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
Course dates / times
We're currently finalising start dates for this course and more information will be available soon. To stay up to date with the latest course information register your details below and we’ll notify you when more information is available.
This course is delivered by an ESOL tutor, and is targeted at current ESOL students studying at Entry 3 and above.
|Teaching & assessment||
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete a short workbook and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
Information will be made available about other course opportunities at Nottingham College and you will have the opportunity to access external Careers Guidance to aid their next steps.