This course is a great introduction to engineering covering computer-aided design, hand fitting, and pneumatics would be suitable for individuals who have a strong interest in technology and its applications, have attention to detail, enjoy problem-solving, and have a specific interest in engineering.
The course includes:
- Knowledge of computer-aided design:
- You will learn how to use software tools to create 2D and 3D models of products and how to simulate their performance
- Skills in hand fitting:
- You will learn how to work with various tools and materials to fabricate products by hand. You will develop skills in machining, drilling, tapping, and measuring
- Understanding of pneumatics:
- You will learn about the fundamental principles of pneumatics, including the properties of gases, fluid flow, and pressure
- Problem-solving skills:
- You will develop problem-solving skills by applying engineering principles to real-world problems
- You will learn how to analyse problems, develop solutions, and evaluate their effectiveness
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.Download a guide Adult learning Browse careers Get in touch
|Date / time
|Fees / reductions
Jesse Boot Avenue
Date / time:
Start: Thursday 6th June 2024
End: Thursday 25th July 2024
Time: 5:15pm - 8:30pm
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fees may be waived for this course if you are in receipt of certain benefits or have a low income. Please see our Fee and Financial Support page to see if you can claim a fee reduction.
Tuition fee: £150
Course code: C046111 / Q046112
There are no formal entry requirements but you must be aged 19+.
|Teaching & assessment
You will complete a short workbook and receive verbal feedback throughout the course.