This course is for those who wish to learn the basics of Word 2016 and Excel 2016.
It is split to cover Microsoft Word first, followed by Microsoft Excel.
- Understand the ribbons in word
- Enter data to create a range of word documents
- Format and edit text and use the spellcheck functions
- Use cut / copy and paste
- Adjust paragraph alignment and line spacing
- Create and manipulate data in tables
- Print documents
- Save/open files into specified drives and folders
- Identify and use Cells, Columns, Rows, Workbooks to enter and manage data
- Enter data, numbers and symbols
- Understand the different mouse shapes
- Edit and format text and adjust text alignment
- Insert basic formulas including SUM and AVERAGE
- Use Autosum and Autofill
- Print documents
- Save/open file into specified drives and folders
- Use Page Setup – fit data to print on one page, use of margins and headers/footers
- Create and edit charts (Column, Bar, Pie and Line)
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
Start: 15th September 2021
End: 8th December 2021
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £99
Tuition fees may be waived if you are in receipt of certain benefits. Please see our Community Learning Courses page to see if you can claim a fee reduction.
Course code: C003628 / Q003860
This course is suitable for beginners and improvers. Some previous use of a mouse and computers is advisable.
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
There may be opportunities to progress onto other courses both in the community and at Nottingham College sites.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
You can read more about community courses and your Individual Learning Plan in our Guidance for Community Learners booklet.
Tutor: Monica Chahal (Adams)