This course is for those who wish to learn the basics of Word 2016 and Excel 2016.
It is split to cover Microsoft Word first, followed by Microsoft Excel.
- Understand the ribbons in word
- Enter data to create a range of word documents
- Format and edit text and use the spellcheck functions
- Use cut / copy and paste
- Adjust paragraph alignment and line spacing
- Create and manipulate data in tables
- Print documents
- Save/open files into specified drives and folders
- Identify and use Cells, Columns, Rows, Workbooks to enter and manage data
- Enter data, numbers and symbols
- Understand the different mouse shapes
- Edit and format text and adjust text alignment
- Insert basic formulas including SUM and AVERAGE
- Use Autosum and Autofill
- Print documents
- Save/open file into specified drives and folders
- Use Page Setup – fit data to print on one page, use of margins and headers/footers
- Create and edit charts (Column, Bar, Pie and Line)
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
Start: 10th January 2019
End: 14th February 2019
Time: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £48.75
Community Learning funded. See our Financial Help page for fee reduction information.
Course code: C025503 / Q025507
Some previous use of a mouse and computers is advisable.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will complete tasks throughout the course. There is no formal exam.
There may be opportunities to progress onto other courses both in the community and at Nottingham college cntres. The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
Options include attending a follow up course studying Microsoft Units in either Word or Excel at Level 1.
Email this course information
Use the form below to email this course information directly to your inbox for future reference.