This course is perfect if you love cars and want to get a good basic grounding in the skills needed by today’s motor vehicle repair industry.
You’ll learn the following subject areas:
- Motor vehicle workshop safety
- Retail automotive maintenance and repair
- Workshop tools and equipment
- Personal and social development qualification
- Engine components and operation
- Light vehicle steering and suspension systems
- Cooling and lubrication system checks
- Braking system checks
- Wheel and tyre checks
You can expect lots of hands-on experience and practice, in our purpose-built workshops. This course is recognised by the IMI as an Entry Level course.
Start: 7th September 2020
Course code: C000195 / Q013265
Level 3 College Certificate in Vehicle Technology
You’ll need to complete an initial assessment before you start the course, which will involve you taking a skills test and meeting with the tutor.
The course assessment is made up of three elements:
Choose to follow with a Level 1 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or a Level 1 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance. You could also choose a career as an automotive technician.
Students aged 16-18 don't have to pay tuition fees. If you are aged 19 or over, check out our Financial Help page for information on fees and funding!