This course aims to develop your knowledge, understanding and competence in a range of different IT areas.
This course is ideal for those who work with IT within their current job role and for those who are familiar with using a computer and the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). To complete this course you will need access to a computer and a basic level of IT knowledge.
It would also be of benefit to have some level of confidence in producing your own documents in Word, PowerPoint and Excel (as you will need to do this as part of your assessment).
- Unit 1: Using IT to increase productivity
- Section 1: Be able to plan and select which IT tools and systems are best suited to completion of an identified task
- Section 2: Be able to identify any restrictions or constraints that may affect how a task can be completed using IT tools and systems
- Section 3: Be able to use IT tools and systems to complete an identified task
- Section 4: Be able to review approach to using IT tools and systems
- Section 5: Be able to adapt their approach as a result of their experiences using IT tools and systems to complete a task.
- Unit 2: IT software fundamentals
- Section 1: Select and use appropriate software applications to meet needs and solve problems
- Section 2: Enter, develop, combine and format different types of information to suit its meaning and purpose
- Section 3: Present information in ways that are fit for purpose and audience
- Section 4: Evaluate the selection and use of IT tools and facilities to present information.
- Unit 3: IT security for users
- Section 1: Use appropriate methods to minimise security risks to IT systems and data.
- Unit 4: Presentation software
- Section 1: Input and combine text and other information within presentation slides
- Section 2: Use presentation software tools to structure, edit and format slide sequences
- Section 3: Prepare slideshow for presentation.
- Unit 5: Spreadsheet software
- Section 1: Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- Section 2: Select and use appropriate formulas and data analysis tools to meet requirements
- Section 3: Select and use tools and techniques to present and format spreadsheet information.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
You can start this course at any time.
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £357.50
This course could be fully funded for you, subject to criteria. Please view our Financial Help section to see if you are eligible for fee remission.
Course code: C033650 / Q033651
IT User Skills (NCFE Level 2 Certificate)
You will study at your own pace, but the course typically takes approximately 110 hours to complete.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Your assessment will be submitted online through the platform and you will receive feedback from a member of the team who will assess your work and provide thorough and supportive feedback.
You may complete this qualification in preparation to apply and work in this industry or to to enhance their understanding of their work environment. Alternatively, you may wish to progress in the subject to a higher level.