The Junior Energy Manager Apprenticeship is perfect for those who:
Aspire to work in energy management: This apprenticeship is tailor-made for individuals who have a keen interest in energy systems, sustainable practices, and the management of energy resources. It's ideal for anyone wishing to start their career in energy management and sustainability.
- Are seeking a career in Sustainability: The apprenticeship focuses not only on energy management but also on broader sustainability commitments. This makes it a fantastic foundation for those who aspire to work in sustainability roles across various industries, such as hospitality, leisure, retail, banking, manufacturing, construction, and property.
- Want to make a difference: This course is perfect for individuals who are passionate about the environment and want to contribute positively towards the mitigation of climate change. Energy Managers play a vital role in reducing energy consumption and promoting sustainable practices, thereby contributing to environmental preservation.
- Enjoy problem solving: The role of a Junior Energy Manager often involves identifying and resolving energy-related issues within an organization. Therefore, this apprenticeship is ideal for those who enjoy problem-solving and have strong analytical skills.
- Wish to work in a growth sector: With the growing emphasis on sustainability and the pressing need for businesses to reduce energy consumption, there is a high demand for trained energy managers. This apprenticeship is an excellent springboard for individuals looking to work in a sector with promising future growth.
Through the Junior Energy Manager Apprenticeship, you'll gain extensive knowledge and skills in various aspects of energy management:
- Energy Systems: You'll learn about the theory and practices that underpin how energy flows in and out of buildings, equipment, and processes, and how key energy systems operate.
- Energy Efficiency: You'll understand the principles that support the energy-efficient use of equipment, processes, and IT systems.
- Energy Performance & Measurement: You'll gain insight into energy performance, water measurement, and verification of measured data, including learning how to read meters and sub-meters and interpret the data.
- Regulatory Understanding: You'll comprehend the principles of industry regulations, environmental requirements, EU directives relevant to energy and climate change within your workplace context.
- Strategic Energy Management: You'll understand and continually improve an energy management contribution to strategic planning based on energy, carbon, and water, and learn to set key performance indicators for measuring success.
- Practical Skills: You'll learn to implement and maintain metering plans, carry out basic checks on bills, contribute to energy and water use audits, gather energy performance data, and more.
- Communication Skills: You'll learn how to complete template reports, communicate effectively using evidence-based reporting, and implement energy awareness programs and their associated communication strategies.
- Professional Behaviour: The apprenticeship also aims to instil key professional behaviours, such as being goal-oriented, proactive, environmentally and economically focused, quality and efficiency-focused, and ethical in the exercise of your responsibilities.
By the end of this apprenticeship, you'll be well equipped with the technical knowledge and practical skills needed to thrive as a Junior Energy Manager, ready to help organizations meet their energy and cost reduction objectives within the broader context of sustainability.
You can anticipate a mix of theoretical learning and practical experiences, including energy audits, analysis of energy data, and strategic planning exercises. Additionally, expect opportunities for professional development, engagement with industry professionals, networking events, and potential site visits to gain first-hand insight into energy management practices.
|Study location||Emtec at Ruddington Ruddington Fields Business Park, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6JZ|
You can start this Apprenticeship at any time of the year.
Junior Energy Manager Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
You will need GCSEs at grades 9 to 6/A* to C English Language and Maths. Some employers may require additional qualifications depending on the role
You also will need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a relevant job but we can assist you in finding a placement.
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
You will develop an electronic portfolio of evidence against the requirements of the qualification. Evidence can be generated by observation of your workplace, witness testimonies, case studies or personal accounts of events. Online tests may be used to confirm your knowledge and understanding as well as an End Point Assessment.