This course will introduce and consolidate knowledge of Microsoft Access using Microsoft Office 2016.
- Understand the concept of a database and the elements that make up a database
- Creating a database
- Creating within a database - Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports in Design view or by using the wizards
- Understand and use the different data types within a Table including Primary Keys
- Queries - Select queries including use of criteria and sorting data
- Editing Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports using Design view
- Saving data
- Creating Relationships between Tables and their use in Queries
Course dates / times
Sorry, we currently do not have any course date information available for this course. Please check back soon for further updates.
Nottingham College Certificate
Must be comfortable using a computer. Prior experience of Microsoft Office (Word or Excel) would be useful. Prior experience of Microsoft Access is not necessary.
You will complete tasks throughout the course and build a portfolio, there is no formal exam.
Progression routes can be discussed with the tutor at the end of the course. Options include attending a follow up course studying Microsoft Units in either Excel or Word at Level 1.
Tutor: Fiona Dracott
You can read more about community courses in our Guidance for Community Courses booklet.
Our EMTEC Centre donates PPE to local hospitals
Nottingham College donates student resources to support Nottingham’s response to Covid 19
Exercise blog - keeping your body and mind healthy