This course will introduce and consolidate knowledge of Microsoft Access using Microsoft Office 2016.
- Understand the concept of a database and the elements that make up a database
- Creating a database
- Creating within a database - Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports in Design view or by using the wizards
- Understand and use the different data types within a Table including Primary Keys
- Queries - Select queries including use of criteria and sorting data
- Editing Tables, Queries, Forms and Reports using Design view
- Saving data
- Creating Relationships between Tables and their use in Queries
Course dates / times
Sorry, we currently do not have any course date information available for this course. Please check back soon for further updates.
Nottingham College Certificate
Must be comfortable using a computer. Prior experience of Microsoft Office (Word or Excel) would be useful. Prior experience of Microsoft Access is not necessary.
You will complete tasks throughout the course and build a portfolio, there is no formal exam.
Progression routes can be discussed with the tutor at the end of the course. Options include attending a follow up course studying Microsoft Units in either Excel or Word at Level 1.
Tutor: Fiona Dracott
You can read more about community courses in our Guidance for Community Courses booklet.