This course will consolidate existing knowledge of Microsoft Excel at Level 1 using Microsoft Office 2016.
- Understand the ribbon in excel.
- Enter data, numbers and symbols in the relevant cells.
- Understand the different mouse shapes.
- Edit and format text and adjust text alignment.
- Calculate using formulae including SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, MIN and MAX.
- Display formulae and print.
- Use of Autosum, Autofill and Absolute cell referencing.
- Layout and print worksheets.
- Save/open file into specified drives and folders.
- Use Page Setup – fit data to one page, use of margins and headers/footers.
- Create and modify charts (Column, Bar, Pie and Line). Use of basic IF and COUNTIF functions.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Maid Marian Way
Date / time:
Start: 9th January 2020
End: 12th March 2020
Time: 12:30 PM - 3:00 PM
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £90
Community Learning funded. See our Financial Help page for fee reduction information.
Course code: C030874 / Q030875
Nottingham College Certificate
You must be comfortable using a computer and have some basic experience of Microsoft Excel 2016.
You will complete tasks throughout the course, there is no formal exam.
Progression routes can be discussed with the tutor at the end of the course. Options include attending a follow up course studying Microsoft Word or Microsoft Access at Level 1.
Tutor: Fiona Dracott
You can read more about community courses in our Guidance for Community Courses booklet.