This course consolidates your existing knowledge of Microsoft Word and introduces PowerPoint Skills.
Microsoft Office 2016 will be used, dependent on course location.
Units covered include:
- Enter and edit data including Cut, Copy and Paste
- Check documents using IT tools - spell check and Show/Hide
- Paragraph formatting and page layouts
- Creating and modifying text or numeric data in Tables
- Combining information from different sources (copy and paste)
- File saving and opening
- Introduction to Powerpoint
- Creating and formatting simple presentations
- Slide layouts and adding images and shapes
- Adding simple animation to Powerpoint slides
- Formatting to enhance a document
- Tabulations – use of the tab key and setting “tabs”
- Understand and the use of indents
Course dates / times
Sorry, we currently do not have any course date information available for this course. Please check back soon for further updates.
You must be comfortable using a computer and have some basic experience of Microsoft Word.
There is no formal exam and you will be given verbal and written feedback throughout the course.
Progression can be discussed with course tutor. You may wish to study other Microsoft Units such as Databases or Spreadsheets.
Tutor: Fiona Dracott
You can read more about community courses in our Guidance for Community Courses booklet.