This course consolidates your existing knowledge of Microsoft Word and introduces PowerPoint Skills.
Microsoft Office 2016 will be used, dependent on course location.
Depending on which course you enrol on, units covered include:
- Enter and edit data including Cut, Copy and Paste
- Check documents using IT tools - spell check and Show/Hide
- Paragraph formatting and page layouts
- Creating and modifying text or numeric data in Tables
- Combining information from different sources (copy and paste)
- File saving and opening
- Introduction to Powerpoint
- Creating and formatting simple presentations
- Slide layouts and adding images and shapes
- Adding simple animation to Powerpoint slides
- Formatting to enhance a document
- Tabulations – use of the tab key and setting “tabs”
- Understand and the use of indents
Course dates / times
Sorry, we currently do not have any course date information available for this course. Please check back soon for further updates.
You must be comfortable using a computer and have some basic experience of Microsoft Word.
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
There may be opportunities to progress onto other courses both in the community and at Nottingham College sites.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
You can read more about community courses and your Individual Learning Plan in our Guidance for Community Learners booklet.
Tutor: Fiona Dracott