This course consolidates your existing knowledge of Microsoft Word and introduces PowerPoint Skills.
Microsoft Office 2016 will be used, dependent on course location.
Units covered include:
- Enter and edit data including Cut, Copy and Paste
- Check documents using IT tools - spell check and Show/Hide
- Paragraph formatting and page layouts
- Creating and modifying text or numeric data in Tables
- Combining information from different sources (copy and paste)
- File saving and opening
- Introduction to Powerpoint
- Creating and formatting simple presentations
- Slide layouts and adding images and shapes
- Adding simple animation to Powerpoint slides
- Formatting to enhance a document
- Tabulations – use of the tab key and setting “tabs”
- Understand and the use of indents
How to apply for this course
Apply now and if you need to pay any course fees, or provide evidence if you wish to claim a fee reduction, we will contact you to let you know how to do this.
For help on completing the online application form, please see our useful apply online guide here.
Want to find out more first?
Get in touch by hitting the button below and filling out our enquiry form.
|Location||Date / time||Fees / reductions|
Date / time:
Start: 14th September 2021
End: 16th November 2021
Time: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Fees / reductions:
Tuition fee: £101.25
Tuition fees may be waived if you are in receipt of certain benefits. Please see our Community Learning Courses page to see if you can claim a fee reduction.
Course code: C030871 / Q030872
You must be comfortable using a computer and have some basic experience of Microsoft Word.
Tutors will give regular verbal and written feedback. You will be required to complete an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) and encouraged to set your own personal targets as part of this course.
There may be opportunities to progress onto other courses both in the community and at Nottingham College sites.
The course tutor can discuss appropriate opportunities if you wish to further your learning in this subject area.
You can read more about community courses and your Individual Learning Plan in our Guidance for Community Learners booklet.
Tutor: Fiona Dracott
Colleges Week 2021: How we help employers fill their skills gaps
We’re celebrating Colleges Week!
Sport Fast Track Academy links with Kyle Wright, Personal Training and Fitness